Hiring a firm to conduct a particular service can be a daunting task. You want to choose a firm with a good reputation. One that can provide stellar service in a professional manner. One that has experience, skills, and the means to tackle the task at hand, as well as any unforeseen challenges that may arise. For IP valuations, choosing the right firm can seem especially cumbersome as it is still considered a niche market.
At Pellegrino & Associates, we offer a host of services to assist with IP valuations. The following list provides five reasons we are a trusted and reliable firm.
1. Experience. Our firm’s experience positions us among the top firms in a niche market. Our experience involves valuing intellectual property, determining royalty rates, and evaluating businesses, among others. We have performed nearly 400 engagements for more than 200 clients. Clients range from Fortune 100 companies to startups. We also have an international footprint, generating 33% of our business from companies outside of the United States.
2. Credibility. Pellegrino & Associates’ reputation and credibility is among the best in the profession. Judges, attorneys, and government entities have accepted our work product. Courts at the state and federal level, tax jurisdictions, and arbitration panels have accepted our work for issues including bankruptcy valuations, estate tax valuations, property tax valuations, income tax valuations, copyright infringement claims, trade secret misappropriation claims, patent infringement claims, breach of contract claims, and others. In addition, IAM Magazine identified our company president, Mike Pellegrino, as one of 2017’s leading IP strategists in its annual IAM 300 survey.
3. Thought Leader. Our firm’s experience positions us as a thought leader in intangible asset valuation. Our leader, Mike Pellegrino, authored the first and second editions of BVR’s Guide to Intellectual Property Valuation, which has more than 1,000 copies in circulation and reaches a variety of customers including attorneys, tech transfer officers, business valuation firms, competing IP valuation firms, and others. In addition, our finance- and software-related articles appear in internationally and nationally recognized outlets, such as IAM Magazine, Valuation Strategies Magazine, CFO Magazine, MSNBC.com, FoxNews.com, and others. Furthermore, we have had the pleasure of teaching thousands of people about valuations. Various venues around the globe, including law firms, universities, accounting firms, appraisal firms, valuation firms, state bar associations, and other organizations, frequently request our expertise at speaking engagements regarding intangible asset valuations and the tax effects of embedded application software and intellectual property.
4. Standards Setter. We also help set standards in the IP valuation industry. Our president is the chair of the patent valuation standards committee established by the Licensing Executives Society (LES), whose charter is to pursue American National Standards Institute-(ANSI) accepted standards for the valuation of patents in a variety of contexts including financial reporting, capital formation, economic damages calculations, and others. We are also a member of LES’s public policy committee, seeking to help set standards for intellectual property-focused regulatory matters with the SEC and others. We are also involved with the LES’s standards committee for IP use in the boardroom.
5. Pioneer. In addition to our valuation expertise, our president developed a state-of-the-art patent analytics tool that provides key insights and intelligence into the patent landscape. This system removes information asymmetry rampant in the patent marketplace by consolidating millions of disparate records into a user-friendly database.
As you can see, we are actively involved in the IP valuation industry. We set standards, offer loads of experience, develop state-of-the-art tools, and educate others within and outside the industry on the various aspects concerning IP valuations. Call us anytime or check us out to learn more via our website at www.pellegrinoandassociates.com. We are always happy to assist our clients