We are proud to announce that our very own Associate Director of Pellegrino & Associates, Tejas Shah, has launched a Licensing Executives Society (LES) chapter in Indiana! This is great news for professionals interested in all aspects of licensing intellectual property. With more than 50 years of history, LES provides a host of valuable information necessary to promote IP commerce. As an independent, professional organization, LES offers an inviting platform with experience and opportunities to expand member knowledge of technology transfer and licensing. Click Read More to learn about the benefits LES provides and why an Indiana chapter is the perfect addition to this prestigious organization.
Indiana is home to a considerable number of IP-driven organizations, ripe with IP professionals. With these resources, an LES chapter enhances the success of organizations by serving as a platform for IP and licensing professionals to network and grow professional bonds between IP-driven organizations within the state. LES provides a host of benefits and opportunities including education, best practices, standards development, networking, participation, mentoring, and certification, among others. Strategic goals of LES include demonstrating thought leadership, delivering personalized value, and designing meetings for enhanced business value.
Types of organizations that make up LES membership include corporations, law firms, consultants/service providers, universities/government, entrepreneurs, and students. Globally, the LES membership directory boasts nearly 9,000 professionals.
For the recent addition of the Indiana LES chapter, we would like to introduce chapter leaders:
- Tejas Shah, LES Indiana Chapter Chair, Associate Director, Pellegrino & Associates, LLC
- John Routon, LES Indiana Chapter Director, Attorney, Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Scott Simmonds, LES Indiana Chapter Advisory Council, Partner, Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- James McGee, LES Indiana Chapter Advisory Council, Senior Director, Corporate Business Development, Eli Lilly and Company
- T. J. Cole, LES Indiana Chapter Advisory Council, Partner in the Litigation and Intellectual Property Group, Ice Miller LLP
- Dennis Abbot, LES Indiana Chapter Advisory Council, Director of Global Business Development, Cook Biotech
As you can see, the LES Indiana chapter board offers expertise from a variety of backgrounds. The board welcomes everyone at meetings. For more information on LES, check out the website at https://www.lesusacanada.org/. For the LES Indiana chapter specifically, check out the following link: https://www.lesusacanada.org/group/IN. Be sure to catch the next meeting at Barnes & Thornburg on March 10 from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Location is 11 S. Meridian St., Indianapolis, IN 46204.