General Software Valuation
Software can be an extraordinarily valuable asset for many companies. It can be the cornerstone of a major insurance company’s competitive cost advantage. It can enable a major hospital system’s electronic medical records system to manage the data needs of 6,000 doctors and nurses. It can be crucial to robots that apply paint to vehicles in conveyor systems.
Oftentimes, companies need to understand the value of this software to facilitate business activity. Common situations where Pellegrino & Associates has valued software include:
- Asset sales
- Asset purchases
- Capital formation
- Transfers and estate planning
- Fair value reporting under SFAS 157
- Litigation support for copyright infringement damages
- Fair market value reporting under Revenue Procedure 59-60
- Compliance with valuation requirements under the Stark Law Anti-Kickback Safe Harbor regulations
The following are just a sample of the industries that have used our software valuation services:
- Power utilities
- Software companies
- Insurance companies
- Automobile manufacturers
- Advanced manufacturing companies
- Hospitals and outpatient healthcare providers
- Logistics and supply chain management companies
Ready to see it in action? Visit our Industries page to see what industries and clients we have worked with!
Find out what we can do for your company. Contact us for more information.