As you know, Pellegrino and Associates is a premier intellectual property firm. We provide a variety of IP valuation services including copyright valuations, patent valuations, trade secret valuations, trademark valuations, early-stage valuations for both entrepreneurs and investors, software valuations, and tax valuations. We also determine royalty rates, testify in court as expert witnesses, and much more. While other IP valuation firms offer similar services, we thought we would highlight some of the criteria that make us a thought leader in the IP valuation industry.
1. Increased presence in the litigation setting. Over the past few years, the number of law firms seeking our services has increased exponentially. This reaffirms how important IP valuations are in settling disputes. It also indicates our IP valuations and expert witness testimonies withstand scrutiny. In fact, one North Carolina Court stated that our firm’s work is “clearly in the mainstream of IP valuation methodologies” and that our qualifications are “outstanding.”
2. More than 350 engagements. Our firm boasts more than 350 engagements for more than 200 clients within every major industry sector. We have worked with Fortune 100, Fortune 500 companies, early-stage companies, individuals, law firms, and others. A few of the companies we have worked with include IBM, GE, Lockheed Martin, and others. The broad range of companies and repeat companies who seek our services affirms our position in the IP valuation industry.
3. IP valuation guide. Pellegrino & Associates president Mike Pellegrino has authored two editions of BVR’s Guide to Intellectual Property Valuation. He objectively captures the process for the valuation of intellectual properties in these guides, revealing the techniques that result in credible, defensible, and precise IP valuations. More than 700 of the guides have sold to a variety of customers, including attorneys, business valuation firms, competing IP valuation firms, tech transfer officers, and more. Given that few IP valuation guides exist on the market that detail the nuances associated with the valuation process further proves that our expertise is top level.
4. International presence. Our reputation as a premier IP valuation firm has landed us many opportunities on an international level. We have taught on IP valuation to officials from the governments of Brazil, Azerbaijan, Estonia, Thailand, Guatemala, and New Zealand on behalf of the U.S. State Department. Our finance- and software-related articles appear in internationally and nationally recognized outlets, such as IAM Magazine, CFO Magazine, MSNBC.com, FoxNews, and others. Also, a law firm has hired us to assist in international litigation.
5. Industry standards. We help set industry standards. Company president Mike Pellegrino was instrumental in helping to change Indiana law regarding the valuation of embedded application software for personal property tax reporting purposes and for the taxation of patent-derived income. He also authored a substantial portion of the administrative rules that Indiana’s Department of Local Government and Finance now uses to administer the evaluation of software appraisals for property tax matters.
These five criteria are just a few ways that our company holds thought leadership status and provides exceptional services in the IP valuation industry. Browse our website or contact us today to learn more.